Apply for a loan
Great Rates. Local Decisions.
News right to your inbox.
Membership is REWARDING!
Benefits for you!
Switch to Keys FCU!
Use our Switch Kit to consolidate
your accounts and simplify your finances.
About Keys Federal Credit Union
In 1940, a group of naval station employees received a federal charter and founded NAVSTA Federal Employees Credit Union. Our founders believed if they pooled their money together, they could provide more affordable financial services for everyone. They had a vision, and 70 years later their vision has become Keys Federal Credit Union!
What is a Credit Union?
Credit Unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives. What exactly does this mean? Well, it means a group of people pool their money together to benefit each other, in the form of better loan rates and dividend rates. Their goal is to help each other, not to make a profit. This is a very important distinction from banks, especially in today’s economy. Why? We exist to serve you.
Who can join?
If you live or work in the Florida Keys, or if you have an immediate family member who lives or works in the Florida Keys, YOU can join! We welcome Florida Keys businesses and non-profit organizations too. Keys Federal Credit Union subscribes to the philosophy of “once a member, always a member.” Once you are a member, you can be a member for life, regardless of whether you live or work in the Keys. Join today and reap the benefits of membership!
Where can I establish membership?
New membership can be established at one of our convenient branches in Key West at Key Plaza or Southard St. and in Marathon Shores.
What do I need to bring with me to establish a personal membership?
Please bring one of the following documents to verify eligibility:
- Current Florida driver’s license with local address (not PO Box)
- Copy of a recent pay stub (no more than 1 month old).
- A copy of utility bill (water, sewer, electric, phone, or cable), or a notice that service has been turned on.
- Two pieces of mail with name and the same local address. Acceptable pieces of mail are credit card statements, child support, or US Treasury check.
- Copy of lease/rent or mortgage document with local address.
- Copy of military orders.
- “Proof of Membership Eligibility” form completed by an immediate family member who is eligible for membership. A copy of local resident’s driver’s license must accompany form. Immediate family member is defined as: Spouse, sibling, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchild, stepsibling, adoptive parent, adoptive child or adoptive sibling.
Click here to download the Membership Eligibility Form
*Businesses are NOT considered immediate family members.